Posted: Nov 19, 2021
Six Huskies Earn All-SCC North Nods
by Cerwin D Haynes
On Wednesday, the South Coast Conference released their All-SCC Teams for the North and South divisions. East Long Angeles College plays in the North Division, and had six players named to the all-conference team.
All SCC-NORTH FIRST TEAM:
- Christian Carranza, East Los Angeles, So. Defender
Carranza, out of Bell Gardens, started 13 out of the 14 games he played this season. Part of a tough Huskies' defense, he had a season-high three assists in a 5-0 win at Pasadena City on October 12.
- Ramiro Hermida, East Los Angeles, Fr. Midfielder
The freshman midfielder Hermida started 12 out of 14 games played this season, and had a total of three goals and two assists.
- Jonathan Ortiz, East Los Angeles, Fr. Goalie (right, pic courtesy of ELAC Men's Soccer Instagram)
The vocal Huskies' goalkeeper could be heard every game barking out defensive shift instructions to his teammates. In the seven games he started guarding the ELAC net, the Thomas Jefferson product had a 1-1-1 record with the third-lowest total of goals-against in the division.
ALL SCC-NORTH SECOND TEAM:
- Eduardo Alvarez, East Los Angeles, So. Defender (#28, middle-right)
The left-back out of Bell Gardens started in 11 out of the 18 games he played in this season.
- Alex Guevarra, East Los Angeles, Fr. Defender (#32, bottom left, via ELAC Men's Soccer Instagram)
The center-back is a product out of Manual Arts who started in 14 out of the 15 games he played.
- Raul Ortiz, East Los Angeles, Fr. Midfielder (#21 w/ball)
The attacking midfielder from Oscar De La Hoya High started in 17 out his 18 games played. He scored goals versus Glendale and Long Beach in front of the home crowd at Weingart.